Sunday, March 12, 2006

Chablis Chic

In March, I had the opportunity to pitch the Chablis wine growers of France to do PR for Chablis wines. I presented the U.S. plan, accompanied by a colleague who presented a plan for the U.K. (Matt). Our Paris office led the pitch, which was great, because I got to meet and present with Marie Rouet (who runs the Paris office -- fabulous person) and her colleagues Anne and Guillaume.

We drove 2.5 hours southeast from Paris to get to the town of Chablis, which is in the Burgundy region of France. It is a very beautiful stretch of country lined with vineyards -- I must go back in the summer when everything is green. I enjoyed the ride out with my co-workers. Before the pitch, we stopped at a cosy and restaurant for a bite to eat. Had Chablis wine (of course), along with a wonderful country fish stew that was to die for...served in heavy iron pots. The town is very sweet -- a stone village with narrow streets and a stream running through it. Would love to go back and spend more time.

The presentation went really well. I think. Not totally sure since the whole thing was in French. That was interesting. With the exception of Matt and my presentations (about 30 minutes of the 3 hour presentation), it was entirely in French. Have I mentioned that I don't speak a word of French nor understand it?! But I did a lot of nodding and smiling like I knew what was being said and it sounded like it went well (Marie gave us the download after). We did something right though, as we made the final cut with one other agency and should find out if we win the business in early April...so fingers crossed...it would be an outstanding client to have.


This is the official name of the prospective client -- it roughly translates to the "Association of the Wines of Burgundy."

Marie and Guillaume at lunch



The town of Chablis

No comments: