Monday, April 03, 2006

Cookie Does London (and Paris on the side)

So, in keeping with my highly delayed and backlogged posting habit, here are some pictures from Jeff's (or Cookie, as I like to call him) visit to London in early March. We did all sorts of fun touristy things that I haven't gotten to do since coming to England: We toured the War Cabinet Rooms and the Winston Churchill Museum (WAY cool, I had no idea about the whole War Cabinet Room thing), we went to Greenwich and strattled the Prime Meridian (and I learned just what exactly it is....I missed that in fifth grade geography), we toured the Cutty Sark (also in Greenwich), toasted at Vertigo (a champagne bar atop Tower 42 in the city), ate at Jamie Oliver's "Fifteen" restaraunt, and toured the recreated Shakespeare Globe theatre (with an impossibly boring tour guide who was so dull she was hysterical). We even went shopping and Jeff let me pick out a few shirts for him at Ted Baker that I know he never would have agreed to on his own. They are probably in the bin for Arizona Goodwill as we speak (damn, I should have gotten a picture when I had the chance). Shopping for boys is sooooo fun.

We also took a side trip to Paris for a day and a night....I had to go last minute for work, so Jeff came along. He is so agreeable. ;)

The weather was horrible the entire time (not that you can tell from these pictures when the fickle English sun did come out for 5 seconds), but we made the best of it!

Here are some pictures....
1)At Vertigo champagne bar, 42 floors up (but it was not as blurry as this picture)
2)The Eiffel Tower being sparkly during our rainy nighttime walk
3)Jeff impersonates a figurehead in the Cutty Sark
4)St. Paul's Cathedral peeps over the Blackfriars Bridge
5)Jeff and I separated by East and West at the Prime Meridian in Greenwich
6)Me at Shakespeare's (recreated) Globe Theatre
7)Cookie at the Blackfriar's Pub....VERY "monastary chic" and cool





































































































No comments: