Wednesday, August 29, 2007

iChattin'


My sister and I both have Macs with iChat, so despite the fact I'm across the ocean from my family, I can see and talk to them every day at no extra cost beyong my broadband bill. All three of my nieces are completely computer-literate (inlcuding the 2-year old) so it is truly fun for the whole family. One night, my neice Elise read ME a bedtime story...my how the world has changed.

Following are some snapshots from a recent web chat. Catherine (8), much like her namesake, does most the talking in the family. You can see in the picture above she is honing her stand-up comic skills with some help from her "Jokelopedia." She also likes to IM (instant message) simultaneously WHILE she is video chatting with me -- talk about multi-tasking!

Eva (almost 2) is the little one. She waves, jabbers, and we play peek-a-boo. In the pictures below, she was really revved up, doing a dance I can only liken to that old Bangles song "Walk Like an Egyptian."

There aren't as many appearances by Elise (6)...she's far too coy to be overly impressed by iChat....she'd rather just sequester herself somewhere with her Game Boy or a Disney Princess video. Although she ran on screen last night from the shower with nothing on but a towel. I got flashed a few times...she's quite the exhibitionist...her mom and dad are gonna have to watch that one.





No comments: