Sunday, September 11, 2005

September 11th


I can't beleive it's been 4 years since the September 11th attacks. I'll miss being in NYC for the tribute in lights that the city stages each year: Two powerful spotlights that shine up from Ground Zero into the night sky...seemingly infinite. It's a powerful and moving memorial that manages to anchor the skyline, even in the absence of the Twin Towers.

Like countless people, I often reflect on the events of that day our world changed, reconnecting with the overwhelming feeling of fear, vulnerability, shock and sadness that we all fell victim to. It's important to me that I remember that fragility and be grateful for the present day that I'm living in and what I have...most importantly, family, friends, health and opportunities.

The events of September 11th are something that will never be resolved or put to rest in my heart and mind. I will never understand it or find a sense of closure with that day. The trauma and memory will not fade over time. I will never forget.

No comments: