Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lara Croft, My Halloween Alter Ego

This picture ought to have my family back home good and worried - no fear Ma, it's just a little Halloween fun! I can't remember the last time I dressed up for Halloween, but I forced myself to get into the spirit last night for my friends' Lindsay and Mike's Halloween party. I went as my very favourite action heroine Lara Croft, from the video game "Tomb Raider" (which was also made into two awesome movies starring Angelina Jolie). I know it looks agressive with the guns and all, but she is a force for good...really only shooting mummies and stone creatures and monsters as she seeks buried treasure and saves the world -- a female Indiana Jones. And she is, I might add, an English character.

I was glad it was a Halloween party hosted by Americans, as in England, Brits only tend to dress as something scary for Holloween -- such as a witch or ghost or vampire or ghoul or mummy. But in true American style, we dressed as whatever we wanted. There were some devils and a bloody butcher in attendance, but there were also two well-appointed geishas, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz (my friend Kate), a sexy Robin Hood (Lindsay), Ali G (Mike), a dog, Amy Winehouse and her husband (Sherri and Jacob) and of course, a handful of plainclothes people who came as themselves.

Anyway, it was a fun night and I enjoyed my alter ego. I will be a bit sad to return my guns and holster to the costume shop tomorrow.







No comments: